Monday, March 18, 2019

Blessings in Uganda

This week has been a simple but special one. President Collings left to the Jinja area and outer branches to interview all the missionaries. He left me here so I could focus all of my efforts in finishing the 2018 Mission History. I decided to stay at the mission home and work on the computer there so I could completely focus on it. I was also blessed to have the company of several contractors who were working on the Mission Home. They were here power washing the pavers all around the house, including the driveway and patio areas. It looks so much better! They also worked to clean out the rain gutters. They were pretty full of dirt, and even had things growing in them. When it would rain, the water would pool on the front entryway, and even flooded a small area of the house a couple of times. All this work took two full days, and 6 people. I am so grateful for the hard work they did, and for the results.

A little lunch break

Israel and Simon 

Maureen and Isaac

The crew leader, Ronald

On Thursday Elder and Sister Maughan came into town. They were going to Busia to help with training of the District and Branch leaders in the Busia District. They brought with them a flash drive that I had given them that had a copy of the Mission History on it! The only problem was it had the same virus on this flash drive as I had on my other flash drive, which is how I lost the History in the first place. We were hopeful that this time Elder Hyer would be able to take off the virus without losing the file. To my complete joy and amazement, he was able to save the file! Although I have worked for two weeks straight, rewriting the history, there were some things that I thought were lost for good. Because they thought of this copy I had given to them, I was able to find the things I had lost, and I even feel like the Mission History is better than it was before. Such great news!!!

On Sunday we had another special stake conference. Elder Terrance Vinson, a president of the seventy, came to Uganda as part of a trip throughout Southeast Africa Area. He spent Saturday interviewing potential Stake Presidents because President Lupaka was being released as stake president. Sunday we were able to spend several hours with Elder Vinson and his wife. It was really such a great experience with them. They were accompanied by Elder Chatora, the Area Seventy.

New Stake Presidency with us, the Vinsons, and Elder Chatora

New Stake Presidency
Fredrick Kyambadde
Wayne Cook
Godfrey Lufafa

New Stake Presidency with their wives

New Stake Presidency with Elder Chatora and Elder Vinson


The meeting was very nice. The new leaders were sustained unanimously. We heard testimonies and remarks from President Lupaka, President Lufafa, President Cook, Sister Kyambadde, President Kyambadde, myself, President Collings, Elder Chatora, Sister Vinson, and Elder Vinson. There was a stake choir that sang beautifully. There was a very good spirit in the meeting. I feel like the Kampala Uganda North Stake will continue to grow and see amazing blessings in the future.